Status: This list is still in concept. As soon as enough players are agreed, we can finalise this.
We’re starting a Halpi’s rift campaign as soon as the Lockdown ends. As it is, the end of the lockdown is still (far) away in the Netherlands, so currently we can do little but start preparations. Therefore, te are in the hobby phase.
This blog post shows the hobby achievements and how to claim them. Also it lists how to grant other players bonus Nexus points for extraordinary efforts.
Any player can claim these achievements for his/her own army as soon as the result is published somewhere in the public domain on the internet. Each achievement yields one point of Nexus power:
- I created a 1,000 point army list and chose a general to lead my army
- I painted a new monster, war machine or titan for my army. (or a hero version of these models)
- I painted and based a new new unit for my army, a regiment or horde of infantry/cavalry or a horde of large infantry/cavalry/chariots with at least 50% of the full amount of miniatures.
- I painted and based a new 2nd new unit for my army, a regiment or horde of infantry/cavalry or a horde of large infantry/cavalry/chariots with at least 50% of the full amount of miniatures.
- I painted and based a new 3rd new unit for my army, a regiment or horde of infantry/cavalry or a horde of large infantry/cavalry/chariots with at least 50% of the full amount of miniatures.
- I wrote some fluff (background) for my army as a whole
- I wrote some fluff (background) for one or more individual units or the general in addition to this.
- I made some new terrain specifically for the campaign
- I converted* a new miniature specifically for the campaign
- My 1,000 point initial army is now fully painted and based. All previous achievements are awarded for new hobby projects completed during the campaign, this achievement is rewarded by having a fully completed army, even one taken out of the closet. (as long as it’s fully painted and based)
Rewarding extraordinary efforts
Sometimes the standard achievements listed above are just not enough. Any player can reward other players when he/she thinks a contribution to the campaign is worth an additional point of Nexus power.
There’s no rules associated with this. Just announce in a public place who you’re giving an additional point and for what, then add the point of Nexus power in the online spreadsheet.
Yes, anyone can exploit this, but we’re all adults, so there’s no need to build in any failsafes.
* Converting a miniature means assembling a miniature using other parts than the standard kit the unit comes with. Examples are:
- using parts of two (or more kits) to assemble a miniature
- using modelling putty (green stuff) to add features to an existing miniature
- cutting parts from the miniature and replacing them with parts of other miniatures or self-sculpted parts. For instance, the miniature here replaces a head from the original miniature
Conversions can be as simple as a weapon-swap (switching a weapon in a model’s hand to another kind of weapon) or as complicated as combining the bottom half of a horse with the top half of a man and using modelling putty to create a fake muscled chest to combine these two into a centaur. Either one is enough for the achievement.